Call The Professionals At The First Sign Of Rodents On Your Atlanta Property
Rodents have likely always been a distant thought for you. Sure, you may see them frolicking in the park or running around in your yard from time to time, and it’s actually nice to watch. However, the chaos begins when one of those pesky creatures gets inside your home.
Rodents can be nice from afar. Once they invade your home, problems are sure to follow. These pests threaten the health and safety of your home; on top of that, they disturb your peace.
Atlanta is indeed a booming city with developments happening everywhere you turn, so it’s not uncommon for homes and businesses to have rodent problems. However, humans and rodents simply cannot reside together.
Identifying A Rodent Problem In Your House
All around Atlanta, rodents look for warmth and shelter in accessible homes. The best time to trap rodents is before populations increase, even though larger infestations are known. But how can you tell if you're having issues? The good news is that these warning indications are always present:
- Droppings: Mouse droppings are tiny, dark brown, and pointy. Rat droppings can be ¾ to ½ inches long and vary in shape—clean rodent droppings with gloves and a mask.
- Allergies: Some people are allergic to rodent fur and droppings.
- Rodent tracks and grease marks: Tiny footprints are another symptom of infestation. You’ll also see grease stains on the walls or baseboards where their bodies touch various surfaces.
- Gnaw marks and holes: Rodents nibble on baseboards and wires or anything blocking their entrance to your home.
- Sounds: The sound of scurrying, chewing, and scratching could be indicators of a rodent infestation.
- Rotting odor: The scent of dead rodents and other pests can be very toxic, and skilled pest control technicians should remove them.
- Strange pet behavior: If your dog or cat is scratching walls or acting erratically, it could be a symptom of rodents.
Rodent infestations may be both costly and dangerous. Call Solstys Environmental if you have an active infestation or suspect you may be prone to one.
How Rodents Create Damage And Spread Disease
Many diseases are known to travel the world on rats and mice. These illnesses can be transmitted directly to people by handling rodents, touching rodent feces, urine, or saliva, inhaling contaminated air or food, or getting bitten. Additionally, these pests can harbor mites, fleas, or ticks that can serve as vectors for transmitting diseases from rodents to people.
The best practice is to trust rodent control professionals like Solstys Environmental to protect your Atlanta property.
Why Do-It-Yourself Rodent Control Often Fails
It may seem like the rodents in Georgia are the smartest of all rodents. However, the truth is that when it comes to getting rid of rodents, they reproduce so rapidly that it’s nearly impossible to eliminate an entire infestation. Additionally, without the proper tools, products, and equipment of professionals, any DIY effort will be ineffective. Our professionals at Solstys Environmental are your trusted source for total rodent pest control.
The Safe And Effective Way To Get Rid Of Rodents In Your Home
Rodents are difficult and dangerous to remove without professional assistance. Our pros at Solstys Environmental are skilled, trained, and have been in the pest control industry for many years. Their expertise can handle any rodent infestation, no matter the size. Contact us today.