What It Takes To Get Rid Of Dirty Roaches In Your Atlanta Home
Cockroaches are one of the worst pests in Atlanta homes, and they are not uncommon. Television leads us to believe that we will only find roaches in dirty places, but that is nowhere near the truth. Atlanta pest control companies know that a cockroach infestation can happen to anyone.
Several characteristics of cockroaches make them unwanted pests to share your space with. We’ll review signs of a cockroach infestation so you can stop a problem before it gets too big. We will also go over what attracts them, so you’ll know how to deter cockroaches in the future.
How To Tell If You Have A Roach Problem In Your Home
Cockroaches are nocturnal, avoid the light, and try to keep hidden from people. Here are some of the signs of cockroach infestation that may help you determine if you have a roach problem:
- Finding cockroach droppings in your home is a sure sign of trouble. Their droppings will either be small, blunt, and cylindrical or look like black pepper, depending on the species.
- Look out for egg capsules around your house.
- As cockroaches grow, they shed their skins, and you might find these lying around your home.
- Seeing an actual roach is the surest indication of all. Noticing even one cockroach is a sign that there are more likely hiding throughout your house.
If you spot any of these signs in your home, contact a roach pest control company as soon as possible.
The Dangers Roaches Bring Into The Home
Cockroaches aren’t only creepy to live with; a cockroach infestation threatens the health and well-being of the people in your home. Immediate and professional roach pest control is critical to protecting your family from pathogens.
One of the worst characteristics of cockroaches is that they spend their time outdoors in unsavory places like sewers, garbage, and decaying plant and animal matter.
They enter our homes and spread bacteria, diseases, and parasitic worms that can harm us. Additionally, the cockroach droppings in your home, their urine, and their saliva can all cause allergic reactions and asthma attacks.
Remove Factors That Attract Roaches Into Your Home
To understand how to deter cockroaches, it helps to know what attracts them. Here are a few factors you can remove to keep roaches away from your home:
- Food: Roach control starts with removing any access to food, including dirty dishes in the sink, grease on the stove, and crumbs on the floors or counters. Also, take care to store all of your food items in well-sealed containers.
- Water: Remove leaks in your home around pipes and air conditioning units. It also helps to use a dehumidifier in crawl spaces and storage areas. Addressing moisture issues can help to prevent a cockroach infestation.
- Shelter: Cockroaches associate our homes with shelter and can find their way into the smallest places. Be sure to seal cracks and crevices outside your home to prevent entry.
A roach pest control company can help inspect your property to find what may attract them.
Call The Pros To Completely Get Rid Of Roaches
The best way to get rid of cockroaches is with a pest control company like Solstys Environmental. Contacting us at the first signs of a cockroach infestation can help to keep your family safe and healthy.
Our technicians know how to eradicate roaches and can help you learn how to deter cockroaches in the future. Call us today to eliminate your roach problem and make your home comfortable and safe again.