Guaranteed Pest Control Solutions In Athens, GA
Athens, GA, is a beautiful place to live and a lovely home for many. One thing that makes life worth living is the ability to find freedom from local pest problems. At Solstys Environmental, we believe in the power of pest control. Whether you own a home in the area and are looking for a way to get out cockroaches or trying to protect your business against general pest problems, we are here to help.
Here is everything you need to know about residential and commercial pest control in Athens, GA, and some helpful information about a few common pests that plague locals. Reach out to our team now to directly discuss your options for pest control and to make an appointment for your home or business. We will be happy to find what you need to live a pest-free life.
Residential Pest Control In Athens
Your home is where you find rest after a long day. It is a shelter from storms and a place to keep your food safe. If you are not careful, your home might also be a habitat for unwanted pest problems. One way to stop different types of pests from causing trouble inside your home is to hire a pest control professional. At Solstys Environmental, we offer many options for residential pest control in Athens, GA.
We begin all of our residential services with a thorough pest inspection. This process involves one of our team members checking your home and property for pest pressures, entry points, and active infestations. Once we know what you are up against, we will recommend a course of action to address existing problems and offer some long-term treatments to protect your living areas against future invasion. Contact us today to discuss your options for service, or check out our residential service page to learn more about our methods and treatment strategies.
Commercial Pest Control In Athens
It only takes one bug to ruin your business reputation. If you are against the thought of bugs, rodents, and other local pests getting into your business building, you need commercial pest control. The question is, who can you trust with this huge responsibility? Start by checking out our options.
Our team here at Solstys Environmental can create a dedicated treatment plan to meet your needs. Our approach takes your concerns and needs into consideration and designs a protection program that will keep your business facility safe from pests year-round. If this personal approach is what you are looking for, talk to our team today. We would love to tell you more about our quality commercial pest control plans and start a dialog about services for your Athens property.
How To Protect Your Athens Property Against Ants
Ants are one of the most common pests in Athens. These small insects love to break into homes and businesses and are highly motivated by food. If you are looking for ways to protect your living areas against an invasion, you have two options; DIY prevention or professional exclusion. Let's start with a few simple prevention tips you can implement yourself.
- Fill in holes, gaps, and cracks around your home or business facility's foundation.
- Make sure all of your doors, windows, screens, weatherstripping, and door sweeps are in good working condition.
- Keep the interior of your home or business clean, and do your best to address food messes as they occur.
- Fix leaky piping and use a dehumidifier to keep interior spaces dry.
- Invest in trash cans with pest-proof lids.
Although helpful, these tips will not guarantee that different types of ants will stay out of your home or business. The best option you have for this is professional ant pest control. We would love to talk to you about this service today and help you schedule an appointment for your Athens property.
What Attracts German Cockroaches To Homes In Athens?
Of all the pests that live here in Athens, cockroaches are among the most problematic. These local insects spread diseases, damage property, and are incredibly disturbing to look at. What we want to talk about today is how and why these pests get into homes and businesses.
Cockroaches commonly get indoors by crawling through gaps, cracks, open windows and doors, and unprotected ventilation. Things that draw these insects inside include food, moisture, and hiding places. All cockroaches like to hide in moist areas where their backs and bellies touch a surface at the same time. This characteristic is why they squeeze under appliances, between storage boxes, and in other tight and dirty areas throughout homes and businesses.
To stop all types of cockroaches from causing trouble for you, get in touch with Solstys Environmental today. We will answer any questions you have about our cockroach control and help you schedule an appointment to see if your Athens property has an active infestation.
How To Identify Common Types Of Rodents In Athens
Athens is home to many types of rodents, but they’re not all the same. Here are some of the area’s most frequent visitors:
- Mice: These small rodents are common invaders that can utilize dime-sized openings to slip into homes. They usually come in shades of gray and brown and have small eyes and ears and short, fuzzy tails.
- Rats: While rats might look somewhat like mice, they are actually larger in size and have more pronounced features. Some rats even come in black coloring and have long, hairless tails that are nearly the entire size of their body.
- Squirrels: These rodents are hard to miss because they live outdoors and can be easily spotted in trees. Squirrels are typically gray or brown and have large bushy tails.
No matter what type of rodents are present in local homes or businesses, Solstys Environmental has the solution. We combine detailed inspections with treatment applications and routine follow-ups so that rodents of all types cease to be an issue. For more information on rodent control, call us today.
The Extent Of Damage Termites Can Cause To Your Athens Home
Termites are responsible for approximately five billion dollars in damage to homes across the country each year. They eat away at the wood around Athens homes like yours, which can take place over the course of years. Here are some of the signs of termite damage that you ought to look out for:
- Uneven or peeling flooring
- Swollen ceilings
- Hollowed-out walls
- Unstable porches or decks
- Bubbling paint and wallpaper
- Weakened foundations
- Wood that has a shredded appearance
- Problems closing doors and windows
At Solstys Environmental, we help homeowners find relief from termites through sustainable and trusted methods. We perform total home inspections to identify the extent of damage, locate the infestation source, and identify the species that’s present. We’ll make recommendations for wood that needs to be repaired as well as any issues with leaks. We also implement bait stations that we check regularly. For more information on termite control, please call us today.
Why Bed Bugs Are So Hard To Prevent In Athens
The bed bugs in Athens are hard to prevent. Here are a few reasons why:
- They’re parasites. One of the most significant reasons why bed bugs are so hard to prevent is because of their status as parasites. It means that they are able to travel around in an almost undetected manner. They affix themselves to something like a used couch or someone’s personal belongings and go for a free ride.
- They hang out in public spaces. There are so many places where people can pick up bed bugs. Some of them include schools, medical facilities, movie theaters, places of work, restaurants, hotels, and public transportation. It’s also very easy to have a coworker unknowingly bring bed bugs into work and then they end up getting spread via someone else.
- Population size. Athens is a well-populated city that also sees a lot of visitors. The sheer number of people in the area can also increase the spread of infestations.
- They reproduce in high volume. The average female bed bug can lay up to one egg sac a month for ten months after she’s had a blood meal. These sacs can contain around 16 eggs, so outbreaks can grow in numbers very quickly.
- Infestations can be hard to detect. If a bed bug problem does occur, they are usually out of sight and because bed bugs are nocturnal, people may not understand the full scope of their problem for a while.
At Solstys Environmental, we specialize in reliable bed bug control in order to keep local properties free from these sneaky invaders. For more information on these services, please call us today.
What's The Best Way To Keep Mosquitoes Away From My Athens Yard?
The mosquitoes in Athens begin to appear in the early days of spring; however, you might notice that the majority of their activity is actually between June and October. This is a significant amount of time to feel uncomfortable around your own home and yard. And to complicate matters, mosquitoes have the possibility of spreading hazardous pathogens that could lead to West Nile virus in people and heartworm in your dogs.
Luckily, Solstys Environmental can help. We are the area’s trusted pest experts because we have been protecting our community for the last decade. Each of our technicians is expertly trained and we employ methods that are designed to deliver sustainable results.
If you’re dealing with mosquitoes, we’ll be right over to perform an in-depth property inspection. This helps us understand why mosquitoes are drawn to your property and locate the areas where they’re breeding the most. We then use this information in order to develop a customized treatment plan for you. Part of the process also entails source reduction, which is where we eliminate many of the factors, such as standing water and yard debris, that lure mosquitoes. And of course, you’ll receive our quality mosquito treatments on a routine basis as well for full peace of mind. For more information on mosquito control, please call us today.